Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cabin Fever... Sigh

Dear State of Georgia,

I understand that snow and ice is something that we don't have to worry about very often, but in the event that it does happen, why are we never prepared for it? Why do we shut down and give in to the weather so quickly? Why do we become the joke of the United States?

Because we hardly experience snow and ice, shouldn't we have a better plan of action? It blows my mind that instead of prepping up on chains for our tires, kitty litter for moving our vehicles, and fore wood to stay warm, we stalk up on our perishable items instead. WHAT FUCKING GOOD IS MILK GOING TO DO WHEN YOU ARE UPSIDE DOWN IN A DITCH BECAUSE WE CAN'T DRIVE IN THE SNOW?

Even the CDC has a better plan of action in the event of a fucking zombie outbreak than GA has for snow.

And you know what? I'm sick of it. You know why I'm sick of it? Because I'm tired of being  in my house. I've made brownies, chili, banana bread, broccoli soup, eggs and grits. I've watched Die hard 2, Braveheart, all but one season of Daria, and about 4 hours of How its made. I've drank at least 8 cups of coffee and a bottle of wine. I've cut Cody's hair, my bangs, gave myself a manicure and did mine and Cody's make up.

I need out, guys. I need to go get Starbucks and walk about a Barns and Noble.

I probably need to walk the dogs.

I realized that with every selfie picture I take, I raise my eyebrows. Why do I do that?

Why are my left hand fingers so much smaller than my right hand fingers?

What is going to happen when I run out of wine?

Where in the hell is the cord to charge my Kindle? I have so many books I could be reading instead of wanting to smack my fucking face into the wall.

Why am I so strangely and deeply attracted to Trent from Daria? Why do I want them together so badly? Am I vicariously living through a cartoon character? I know I'm supposed to be over cartoon crushes, but I'm so oddly turned on my him.

Dear State of Georgia,

Please fix this. I cannot handle cabin fever any longer. I don't even remember what I was going to say, but it wasn't this. I think I wanted to sound intelligent and make fun of all the people out there who cannot handle this weather, but who am I kidding. Two weeks ago I was trapped at my in laws for 3 days because I couldn't make it home. I'm just like everyone else. The only difference is that I am trapped at home this time with access to the computer...

Dear State of Georgia,

help.

Love,
Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment