Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year Resolutions and Why They Should Die

It's great to set long term and short terms goals for yourself., to push yourself to be a little better in some way. But seriously, New Years Resolutions? They freaking suck. And if you are one of the jerks that vowed to lose weight and save money, then I hate you.

Did you know that the month of January is the slowest month in the restaurant business? Well, I do... After waiting tables for nearly four years, it always affects me. You see, because people feel the need to lose weight at the beginning of the year, they don't go out to eat... And because people are determined to save money at the beginning of the year, they don't go out to eat... And if people don't go out to eat, servers don't make money. You see where I'm going with this?

Needless to say, I made jack shit tonight at work. I'm just as broke as the rest of you out there. I need monies, too! My bills still here... So why are my costumers gone?

I know it'll get better, I'm just stressed out for now. I mean, I can't bash this whole resolution thing TOO much... I made them, too. ( Be healthier... I won't go as far as to say that I'll loose weight, but I can make sure that I'm taking a little better care of my body in general. .  Put myself before others. I'm pretty guilty of being a push over.) However, it would be pretty awesome if everyone else's goals went a little like "become obese and tip my server fat every time I go out to eat."

Oh well.

At least I have the day off tomorrow. It's gunna go a little something like: Sleep in, work out (aka play Just Dance, that game will get your heart pumping!), shower, put on a comfy pair of sweat pants, and read.

As for now, I'm gunna cuddle my pup and read the new issue of Cosmo... Yeah... Cosmo heals all wounds, even financial ones.



P.S. Please tip your server the appropriate amount the next time you go out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment